Over recent years, eCommerce has really changed the way business is done on a day to day basis. Today, products and services can be purchased online at any time of day. Before you opt for an eCommerce solution for your business, here’s a look at what eCommerce actually is and some of the benefits of using it.
What is eCommerce?
eCommerce simply refers to the buying and selling of goods or services over the internet. It is often used to refer to the sale of physical products like clothes, bags, food, equipment, electronics and so on, but it can also be used to sell digital products like music, ebooks, videos, training sessions and so on.
What are the Benefits of eCommerce?
1. Quicker Sales and More Profit: This is the possibly the most critical benefit of using eCommerce websites because the ultimate goal of every brand is to make a profit. To make that profit, the business has to be able to sell fast and keep customers happy. eCommerce allows brands to do just that allow you to sell more with fewer resources. this ultimately results in increased profit margins.
2. Business Continuity & Relevance: eCommerce helps to keep your business running and relevant. eCommerce websites increased in relevance due to the outbreak of the corona virus and will become even more important after the COVID situation has cleared because of how it comes in handy with respect to Social Distancing.
3. Improved Digital Marketing: eCommerce websites collate customer details in a central location which allows a business to easily feed it into all forms of digital marketing that help to improve the revenue and profits.
4. Frees Up Staff For Other Tasks: eCommerce helps reduce the need for people answering so many questions repeatedly to different customers because all info about a product or service can be made available on the website.
5. Passive Earnings: eCommerce is available 24/7. It allows a business to make money even while the staff are asleep or not participating in the sales process. Revenue therefore doesn’t necessarily rely on great salespeople or opening hours.
6. Improved Product Management: eCommerce allows for easier product management. Information about products can be added and modified easily and within minutes.
7. Faster Business Operations: eCommerce allows for multiple product to be ordered simultaneously by different customers. 3 different customers can order 6 different products at 12 noon and pick up 3pm without having to speak to any staff of the seller.
8. Better Availability: Because of the availability of eCommerce, businesses are able to increase the reach and potential by providing necessary information and ability to purchase to a much wider audience that physical stores don’t allow. A product in Lagos Nigeria can be ordered from Madrid Spain with ease via eCommerce.
Conclusion: eCommerce is now established in the business world. The biggest business have embraced it just as medium and small businesses have. If you are selling numerous products and/or services, eCommerce is definitely the way to go.
If you would like to talk to us about how you can deploy eCommerce to your business in the best of ways, please fill the form below and we will get back to you.